April 2, 2020
Estimated Post Reading Time ~

CRXDE Lite code formatting

One thing I always missed in CRXDE Lite was the lack of any code formatting tools. I always had to copy the code out into Notepad++ or Eclipse to format the code and then paste back into my JSP files. Not very convenient.

Today I accidentally stumbled across what I expect is an undocumented feature in CRXDE Lite – Code Formatting!
Shift-Tab

If you select any or all of the code on a page and then hit Shift-Tab, it doesn’t tab the code back one tab stop (as you would expect), it actually formats the code.

Before

After


Version:
This was done with CRXDE Lite in CRX 2.4.23 (CQ 5.6.0.20130125) that comes with Adobe Livecycle ES4. It seems to work in Chrome, Firefox and Intenet Exploder 10.



By aem4beginner

No comments:

Post a Comment

If you have any doubts or questions, please let us know.