April 2, 2020
Estimated Post Reading Time ~

Multi-fields in Touch UI AEM 6.

I have been using touch ui entirely across all the clients from last year or so. I have come across several articles online working with Touch UI and multifields. Multifields always being inconsistent, I always had to devise new strategies to cater to the ever-changing multifield requirements of clients.

I came across ACS Touch UI multifield and that happens to be very consistent and has started using it across all the clients. ACS uses the definition list component where they have shown a sample of how they use the multifield. 


The location of the component is 
\apps\acs-commons\components\content\definition-list. 

The component stores the data in the jcr as JSON. If you can write up a generic iterator that I have you can use this multifield across any component. Happy Component development.



By aem4beginner

No comments:

Post a Comment

If you have any doubts or questions, please let us know.