May 22, 2020
Estimated Post Reading Time ~

CQ5 debug bundles using eclipse won't halt

I created a bundle that I already uploaded, but I would like to debug it. I started the server with debug mode: java -agentlib:jdwp=transport=dt_socket,address=8000,server=y,suspend=n -XX:MaxPermSize=256m -Xmx1024M -jar AEM_6.0_Quickstart.jar, and then I set to the project that packaged into the bundle its remote debugging configuration, but when I set the breakpoints in the project, it won't halt where it needs to when the lines are executed.

I looked where am I go wrong, but I see that this is how everybody doing it, and it works for them.

Best How To:
Below are some steps that can be helpful. Use that command line to start your CQ instance.java -jar cq5-author-4502.jar -fork -forkargs -- -Xdebug -Xrunjdwp:transport=dt_socket,address=59865,suspend=n,server=y -Xmx1520m -XX:MaxPermSize=512m -XX:-UseSplitVerifier

I have a simple title component in which I am calling some service method. And applied some breakpoints in service. I have multi-module eclipse project practice. Setup eclipse debug configurations as shown below :



Inside source adds project's module as shown below :



Click on the debug button and refresh the cq page. You will see below image:

Open the Eclipse in debug perspective you can see your variables over there and the page still loading as you not complete the method execution.


By aem4beginner

No comments:

Post a Comment

If you have any doubts or questions, please let us know.